Manage every aspect of your business, on one system.
Generate accurate quotes, reduce wastage, manage production, keep an eye on your overall costs and profit, step away from mundane admin tasks, and focus on the bigger picture.
A powerhouse ERP for your business.
Incorporate every aspect of your business into one robust system.
No hidden costs, and no additional add-ons needed - BOS Enterprise gives you immediate access to every module from the first month!
Run your business with freedom.
Five things that a good construction ERP must do
While resources-based platforms typically encompass common characteristics, when it comes to construction ERP specifically, certain discrete operational requirements must apply as well.
Because large-scale construction development usually involves itself with not only transaction-based processing, but also the projection of detailed cost estimations prior to the efficient execution and delivery of the bid-contract-sale chain, at a systems level, this focus tends drives a number of different and highly-granular business needs.
Consequently, we thought we’d take a look at what construction ERP platforms must offer in order to provide create maximum business value.
1. Job cost/estimation
Developments are largely, if not always, driven by a primary contract. That in turn represents a final legal cost/revenue baseline agreement between developer and client. As a result certain necessary elements must be estimated in order to establish a desired business outcome including:
- Time and materials tasking
- Overall cost estimations based on user, or traditionally applied cost category tasking
- Current and archival budget comparisons and storage tasking
- Complete audit tracking of all budgetary changes
- Job based category management
- Actual versus estimated cost comparisons
- Variable cost calculations ranging from gross/net revenue, to percentage of completion
- Applied calculations associated with cost-of-sales and earned revenue estimations
2. Flexible accounting
Aside from typical GL, AR, AP, and Inventory functions, construction ERP also requires a more granular approach to financial management. Most sophisticated construction systems include the following:
- Contracts management
- Contractor indexing
- Materials management
- Equipment management
- Time and billing
- Taxes and VAT
- Vendor indexing
- Purchase and change order management
- Operational inventory management
3. Granular payroll capabilities
In this case, standard payroll processing is extended further, by orienting toward hours-expended versus estimated-cost operations, along with deeply-defined reporting. Specific functions here include:
- Real-time payroll processing
- Labor costing
- Summary labor cost analysis
- Unit cost reports
- Unit productivity reports
- Direct labor cost control reports
- Multi-project capable
- Multi-project check capable
- On-demand project cost/revenue consolidations
4. Materials and equipment handling
In this case, construction ERP systems should also manage and account for equipment ranging from hand-tool processing, to the identification and operation of hosts of heavy-equipment assets. For example:
- Specialised engine-powered hand tools
- Bull Dozers
- Earth movers
- Dump trucks
- Water trucks
- Road graders
- Asphalt trucks
- Small, mid-sized and large cranes
- Bobtail and stake trucks
5. Comprehensive financial reporting
Because construction ERP is primarily driven by project, rather than traditional business tenets, sophisticated systems typically offer enhanced financial reporting including the following elements:
- Maximised resource utilisation analysis
- Profit & Loss management by unit, location, product mix or project manager
- Granular asset tracking
- Liability and equity management by project/corporate entity
- Balance sheet management by project/corporate entity
What you need to know in a nutshell
BOSEnterprise is the best solution for medium-sized construction companies.
What you can expect from BOS.
- Leads and sales
- Accurate estimates
- Stock control
- Order and job tracking
- Invoice and accounting
- Reports and MIS
Easy and friendly
- Easy to learn
- Easy to use
- Keep all your data
- Quick to install
- Helpdesk support
Grows with you
- Scales with ease
- One user or multi-user
- Fits any size business
- Minimal disruption
- Never have to purchase another ERP again
- Save on staff
- Save on purchases
- Reduce waste and loss
- Increase sales
- Affordably monthly subscriptions
"Excellent software" - Anton Botha, CEO and Founder Bevan Printing Group
Simple really; QuickEasy has made our lives easier with a system that is quick and controls all aspects of our business. It gives management the ability to follow all or individual jobs that are date stamped allowing bottleneck situations or poor performers to be highlighted.
This allows problem areas to be rectified before becoming a problem to our Clients.
Excellent software thanks.
"Stable and reliable" - John Bekker, FD USS Graphics
As the name implies - Quick and Easy!
This software is easy to customize to our requirements.
Stable, reliable and consistent functionality across all modules we employ.
"Reliable and easy to use" - Drikkie Visser, InterTekens
We have been dealing with Quickeasy for at least 10 years.
This program has been an integral part of our success over the past 10 years.
The system is reliable and easy to use.
"Call Centre is invaluable" - Jerome Morkel - Managing Director and Owner Tandym Print
Tandym Print has used QuickEasy since 2010 for quotes, PO's, Delivery Notes, and Stock Control.
Their solutions suit our company needs, and the call-centre is invaluable.
"Friendly and professional" - Victor van Dyk, FaserCom
The QuickEasy team's ability to customize the system to suit any business is one of their greatest strengths.
The team is friendly, professional and always ready to help.
"Efficient and user-friendly" - Grant Benyon, Valmac Printers
At Valmac we find QuickEasy to be an efficient, user friendly, practical solution for our needs.
We use BOS for estimating, stock control, costing, invoicing and scheduling.
"Complete software package" - Gary Lawrence, Fineline Printing
We wanted a complete software package to compliment our products and processes at Fineline Print Solutions.
QuickEasy has worked with us to achieve our goals.
"An integral part of our success" - Kappa Engineering
During 2017 we experienced a growth, but that growth was not possible without the support of QuickEasy BOS.
You formed an integral part of our success.
Thank you for the outstanding service provided to Kappa Engineering and for making 2017 a great year.
Scaleable and flexible. Streamlines complex operations.
QuickEasy BOS can be configured to match any transaction flow, no matter how simple or complicated it is.
- Installation is quick and easy.
- Our software can run on your local network or from a cloud server.
- Getting started is easy with no initial capital outlay required.
- Our cost effective subscription model makes it as affordable to a single-user home business as it is to a medium or large company
- Great helpdesk support means you always enjoy great service.
A central database for every client and each interaction.
- Store unlimited customer information.
- Keep leads and customer data in one central source.
- Store all the customer information that is important to you - you decide what you want to see.
- Whether your reps come or go, you keep the data.
- Follow-up reminders mean hot leads never grow cold.
- Track and monitor sales rep activity.
- Send personalised mailshots to targeted customer groups.
Don’t estimate. Exact-imate.
BOSPrint can generate incredibly accurate quotes that take wastage, ink consumption, machine speed and shop floor overheads into account. It will even show you how to lay out a job to reduce wastage and will calculate the exact cost of unavoidable wastage to the penny.
So even inexperienced estimators can create accurate quotes – no matter how bespoke the job is.
Compare estimates with actual costs and profit.
See exactly where your expenditure is going – and where you’re generating profit. You can also track the return on investment of all your sales activities. With this knowledge you can pinpoint improvement opportunities right across your business, and generate more profit from every job.
Clarity and control over your stock and inventory.
- Enjoy a constant helicopter view of your stock and inventory.
- Sales orders and purchase orders are on the same workflow.
- Minimise errors and loss.
- Replenishment levels are set by you.
- Inventory levels are automatically updated by daily transactions.
- No more forgotten orders or over / under ordering.
- Trace products back to production batch, including raw materials.
- Only items in stock are shown as inventory items.
- No more bloated inventory lists.
- Multiple supplier prices, production methods and warehouse locations.
- Manage your inventory on one system with ease.
Insight into production and WIP
- No more whiteboards, paper rosters or sticky note reminders.
- No more working in silos.
- Reduce owner-dependency.
- Improve communication.
- Planning board keeps everyone in the loop.
- Work in progress (WIP) tracked from start to finish.
- Customers can always have the latest status on their job, regardless of who they speak to.
- Always know what your team is doing.
- Time tracker measures team productivity and machine productivity.
- Improve estimating accuracy based on historical time tracking data.
- Optimise shifts and staff utilisation.
- Improve efficiency across all stations.
- No more missed deadlines: set follow-up reminders for all users.
Get a handle on overtime Vs downtime.
- Easily monitor machine loading and staff activity.
- Keep cost centres loaded with work.
- Planning board will ensure jobs are delivered on time.
- Reminders drive the job forward.
- Your team is always busy and your machines are productive.
Accounting that is easy to use and crystal clear.
- No jobs slip through the cracks.
- Growth as a percentage is automatically shown in the income statement.
- Year on year changes in net profit, cost of sales and expenses are shown in graph format.
- Compare yearly changes in assets, liabilities and equity with ease.
- Records are automatically updated by transactions.
- No duplicate entries in different formats.
- Work with one platform - no more working with systems that don't communicate with each other.
- Group, filter and drill-down with ease.
- Import directly from any bank.
- Instant access to staff information, customer records, supplier history and production data.
- View summaries of work done.
- Easy to use pivot tables.
- Easily export data.
- Highly efficient drill-down functionality from the report to live data.
- Integrated across the whole business.
- Instantly access every part of your business on one platform.
Future-proof your business.
- With QuickEasy BOS you always know how your business is doing.
- Do accurate forecasting, based on reports and trends.
- See clearly what the horizon could look like.
- Make decisions based on fact, and enjoy a good night's sleep!